Oakworth Primary School and Nursery

Together We Learn, Together We Grow

Part of Bronte Academy Trust

Parent Partnership - FAQ

Q: How can I contact school?
A: The School Office can be telephoned on 01535 642309, contacted by post or emailed at office.oakworth@bronteacademytrust.org.uk  Unfortunately, our texting messaging service is only able to send messages, so it is not possible to contact us via text.

Q: Where can I find school session times and holiday dates?
A: Session times are published in the school prospectus, which is available on the website, along with holiday dates up to July.

Q: Who should I speak to if I have a question or problem regarding my child?
A: Please speak to your child’s teacher, in the first instance, who will be at the appropriate entrance door before and after school each day. If you require a longer or more private discussion, appointments with teachers can be made via the School Office.

Q: What support is available for my child in school?
A: As well as support with learning in the classroom, the school has a Nurture Room and a specialist Pastoral Support Worker to meet the emotional and social needs of pupils. Our Parental Involvement Worker (helen.scargill@bronteacademytrust.org.uk) also works closely with parents and children throughout the school.

Q: What should I do if my child is too ill to attend school?
A: Please ring the School Office on 01535 642309 from 8:00am, each day that the child is absent. A note, explaining the reason for the absence, should accompany the child on their return to school.

Q: How do I let school know about planned medical appointments?
A: Information regarding appointments can be emailed to the School Office, or parents and carers may prefer to telephone school; speak to the class teacher or send the child's appointment sheet into school for photocopying, so that their absence can be authorised.

Q: What is the school’s snow policy?
A: In the unlikely event that the school is closed, messages will be posted on our School and Bradford Council websites. A text message will also be sent to all families to inform them of the closure.

Q: How should payments for dinners, trips, etc. be made?
A: Payment should be made via ParentPay. If you wish to pay upfront you can do for the whole of the half term, this amount would be displayed on the menu.