Statement of Vision
Our vision is for all our children to be happy, safe and have an inspiring, engaging and enjoyable education.
To achieve our vision, we put our children at the centre of everything we do and give them:
- The ability to flourish and achieve their very best, testing their limits and playing to their strengths.
- A strong moral code, firmly embedded tolerance and respect in a kind and nurturing school community
- A culture of ambition and a wide range of opportunities to thrive in, to create success in their next chapter
- A unique identity, where diversity is celebrated and adjustments are made in order for everyone to achieve.
- An exciting, broad and balanced curriculum, led by their passions and interests
Our school is underpinned by our Oakworth Superpowers: respect, resilience, teamwork, kindness, discovery and challenge.
The design and delivery of our curriculum, very much reflects our vision.
- The children are at the centre of the curriculum. Learning is tailored to their needs, abilities and interests
- Creative and practical opportunities are integral, promoting risk taking and teamwork
- Individuality is reflected through the children’s tasks
- Revisiting learning to build on skills and knowledge, and celebrate and remember ‘magic moments’ builds confidence and self esteem, preparing them for the next stage
Our vision means our education at Oakworth is very much about the whole child. Our children are nurtured, secure and well equipped to tackle the next stage of their education, and life beyond, happy, prepared and with the world at their feet.