“Our purpose is to work together to provide an excellent education that develops all children to their full potential and equips them for life in the wider world.”
Our Charity for this academic year is:
We aim to:
- Provide a welcoming, safe and stimulating environment, conducive to effective learning.
- Ensure that all our teaching and learning opportunities are based on high expectations of the whole school community.
- Provide equal opportunities for all our children to enjoy the whole school curriculum and ensure that they achieve their full potential.
- Promote positive self-esteem, self-discipline, respect and tolerance.
- Create opportunities for children to develop personal interests and widen their field of knowledge and understanding.
- Provide children with an education appropriate to the world beyond school.
- Value and support the part families and the community can play in the children’s education and in the life of the school.
- Involve the school in the life of the wider community and, in so doing, nurture a caring attitude and respect for others and the environment.
These aims will be achieved by:
- Promoting independence and the use of praise and encouragement.
- Encouraging high expectations in learning and behaviour.
- Respecting each child as an individual.
- Creating a caring and happy working environment, that has clearly defined boundaries.
- Providing a safe and secure learning environment.
- Maintaining and developing a working partnership between home and school.
- Providing a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- Encouraging links between the school and the community.
Children in our school say that at Oakworth Primary School:
- We all work hard.
- We are kind and helpful.
- We achieve great things.
- We are the best!
Our Golden Rules:
- Always tell the truth.
- Listen carefully.
- Always say Please and Thank You.
- Move around our school sensibly and quietly.
- Take care of your belongings.
- Think before you act.
- Look after each other.
- Work hard and do your best.